Junior Software Engineer
Savance has an opening for a Junior Software Engineer in our Savance EIOBoard product team. To apply, email resume to: email@example.com, attn. Steve Bardocz.
Savance is a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging, and demanding environment but also a fun and rewarding place to work. We are very much a team and seek candidates who are the right fit with the right attitude to bring even greater success and camaraderie to the table. To excel at Savance, you must love to be challenged, seek out opportunities to develop your skills, be confident yet humble, and be able to learn from your mistakes. We thrive on smart, independent, and self-motivated people who get along well with others. We expect a lot from our team but a lot is offered in return. We have frequent performance bonuses, plenty of snacks stocked in the break room, a casual dress code, an Xbox One on a 70" screen to decompress on breaks or after work, and —most importantly— consistent recognition for a job well done. If you have a can-do attitude and seek a challenging, rewarding position with a great team, Savance is the place for you!
We’re hiring because we’re growing! This is a brand new position, and we are excited to recruit a new team member who wants to grow their skills, while also contributing to our products. We are willing to teach and train the right candidate in cutting edge web development technologies. You’ll be working in Visual Studio using the .NET platform coding in C# and you’ll also spend a lot of time in SQL Server. We need our candidate to have a foundation in these tools. We’ll be expanding our mobile presence, and any mobile app development experience in Java or Objective C you bring to the table is a plus. Good people skills are important as you may be required to work directly with customers. And most importantly, we can teach, mentor, and give you the tools to learn, but you’ll need to be curious and self-driven. In fact, we are on the verge of re-writing our core application from the ground up in the latest technologies, and are looking for someone to be part of that process.
- Analyze and program custom solutions for Savance's EIOBoard line of electronic in/out board-based software
- Develop software products using Visual Studio and .Net Framework and program desktop, web and mobile applications using C#, ASP.net, SQL, Java and Objective C
- Develop, test, and deploy code to production environments
- Work directly with customers on projects as needed
- 1+ year(s) of software development experience
- 1+ year(s) of C#, and SQL experience
The following skills are not required but would be considered a plus.
- Experience with mobile development (iOS/Android), Java or Objective C
- Knowledge of VB.NET
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science)
- Great problem solver
- Computer and IT experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- 8-10 paid holidays a year
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible working schedule
- Weekly team lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen for employee use
- Bi-annual company parties
- Casual attire
2655 E. Oakley Park Rd. Ste 210, Commerce Township, MI 48390