Junior Software Engineer
Savance has an opening for a Junior Software Engineer in our Savance Enterprise product team. To apply, email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attn. Jason Plasencia.
Savance is a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging, and demanding environment but also a fun and rewarding place to work. We are very much a team and seek candidates who are the right fit with the right attitude to bring even greater success and camaraderie to the table. To excel at Savance, you must love to be challenged, seek out opportunities to develop your skills, be confident yet humble, and be able to learn from your mistakes. We thrive on smart, independent, and self-motivated people who get along well with others. We expect a lot from our team but a lot is offered in return. We have frequent performance bonuses, plenty of snacks stocked in the break room, a casual dress code, an Xbox One on a 70" screen to decompress on breaks or after work, and —most importantly— consistent recognition for a job well done. If you have a can-do attitude and seek a challenging, rewarding position with a great team, Savance is the place for you!
The Junior Software Engineer will be responsible for analyzing and programming custom solutions for Savance’s ERP solution, Savance Enterprise. You will develop software products using Visual Studio and .Net Framework and program desktop, web and mobile applications using VB.net, Classic ASP, ASP.net, Microsoft SQL, Java and Objective C. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to bring basic programming concepts skills and experience to the Savance software engineering team and will have the desire to learn new technologies and development paradigms. This person will be expected to develop, test, and deploy their code to production environments and work directly with customers on projects as needed.
- 1+ year(s) of software development experience
- 1+ year(s) of VB.NET with adequate Windows Forms experience
- 1+ year(s) TSQL and SQL Server experience
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science)
The following skills are not required but would be considered a plus.
- Classic ASP knowledge
- Windows Mobile development
- DevExpress controls
- DBI controls
- CT controls
- Crystal Reports
- Great problem solver
- Computer and IT experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Bonuses based on performance
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- 8-10 paid holidays a year
- 401k with employer matching
- Flexible working schedule
- Weekly team lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen for employee use
- Bi-annual company parties
- Casual attire
2655 E. Oakley Park Rd. Ste 210, Commerce Township, MI 48390