Savance is looking for a talented and experienced developer in search of a long term career with a growing, innovative company. Are you a problem solver? Do you love computers? Have you taught yourself a computer language for fun, or designed something just for the challenge? Has your significant other had to remind you what time it is because you’re still up at 3am coding? Have you brought your laptop with you on vacation? Do you code for fun? If the answer to several – or all – of the above is yes, you may be the person we’re looking for. Unlock your potential at a fun and innovative small business where you can turn ideas into reality.
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who is addicted to computers and drawn to software development and engineering. We would like to find someone that prides himself/herself on being an overachiever. The candidate should also possess strong problem-solving skills. We need someone who is able to grasp the big picture of a project, yet be able to break it down into smaller parts to accomplish the task. It is extremely critical that the candidate can accomplish a lot within a short timeframe. The right person must also have the ability to work independently – with little or no supervision – communicate effectively, design with limited details, architect the best solution with his or her team, code it, test it, and provide a solid deliverable without being micro-managed.
The Senior Software Engineer will manage a variety of projects within our Savance Workplace product line, which is primarily used for visitor management, health screening, emergency accountability, and staff tracking. The role will be responsible for gathering requirements, working with team members and key customers to ensure their design will meet certain requirements, then implementing the design within an aggressive timeline typically set during the design phase. The right person should also have experience in the entire development cycle (design, develop, test, and release – cradle to grave) of critical business software. This includes, but is not limited to, defining requirements, researching methods to accomplish tasks, breaking down the project into smaller parts and creating a timeline, coordinating resources to help accomplish the goal, and then ultimately delivering on or before established deadlines. This position will also be responsible for establishing quality standards (i.e. automated testing) as well as suggesting and establishing new processes and procedures to streamline the overall development and testing process.
The Ideal Candidate
When it comes to the ideal candidate, we envision someone that has a lot of cloud enterprise development experience, ideally with Azure. It might be experience that you gained as a consultant, through training or self-teachings, or while working for a larger enterprise organization. Maybe you are tired of the large enterprise red tape and feel like it’s hard to make an impact, or maybe COVID-19 has changed your situation and has you looking around for a different opportunity. If you want to bring your experience and expertise to a smaller team where you can make a difference and see major impacts from your contributions, this is the role for you.
- Designs, develops, validates, deploys and maintains Windows and web-based applications using current company processes, style guidelines, and technology. Typical projects include:
- Angular web apps using push notifications
- REST API development
- .Net Core development
- Azure web apps and Azure SQL deployments for production, staging, and testing
- ASP.Net web apps
- .Net WinForms apps designed for Windows tablets, Kiosk and desktop PCs
- SQL Server databases
- iOS Apps
- Android Apps
- Helps define and complies with defined quality assurance practices and documentation.
- Completes work on schedule with high quality and reliability metrics.
- Reviews change requests and support cases to remain familiar with key customer concerns and high impact support issues.
- Participates in user focus groups and other user-centered design activities as needed.
- Produces design and user help documentation as needed.
- Supports the Technical Support Department on open cases as needed and resolves escalated cases in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or higher (or equivalent)
- Understanding of Cloud Computing architecture and programming strategies – candidates with experience migrating/converting solutions from hosted to cloud hosted environments preferred
- Strong understanding of .Net Framework
- Strong JS skills – Working knowledge and understanding of Angular 6.0+ preferred, experience with React, VUE and other JS libraries a plus.
- 3+ years of development experience with C#, WinForms, OOP and multithreading applications
- 3+ years of development experience with Microsoft SQL Server and database designs. Proficiency in query optimization and structuring data for scalability preferred.
- 3+ years of development experience with ASP.Net, Web API and Restful web services.
- Reference projects using Microsoft SQL Server and VB/C#/ASP.Net demonstrating your work.
- Experience with operating systems, computer architecture, and networking.
- Candidates with experience developing JS libraries for internal development teams to streamline development and reduce code duplication given preference.
- Experience with push notifications and websockets in http web development for mobile apps and web applications.
- Strong understanding of GIT and code management practices.
- Mobile (iOS and Android) App development experience a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Passion – Natural born passion for software development and engineering.
- Extremely Hard-Working – Shows achievement in everything they set their mind to.
- Organized & Focused – Can manage multiple tasks and stick to deadlines.
- Self-Motivated – Works independently without the need to be micromanaged.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Attention to Detail – Thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Self-Testing Practices – Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for analyzing and developing test processes in order to deliver developer-tested applications ready for customer use.
- Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of the principles and methods to identify, analyze, specify, design, and manage functional and infrastructure requirements; includes translating functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Customer-Focused – Works with existing and prospective clients to assess their needs, resolve issues, satisfy their expectations, and is committed to providing quality products and services; can work directly with clients to build customer loyalty.
- Teamwork – Fosters commitment and team spirit; encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; manages group processes; works with others to achieve goals.
- Strong Oral & Written Communication – Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $75,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year + bonuses
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- 8-10 paid holidays a year
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible working schedule
- Option/ability to work remotely
- Weekly team lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen for employee use
- Bi-annual company parties
- Casual attire
Main Office Location:
2655 E. Oakley Park Rd. Ste 210, Commerce Township, MI 48390