Savance is a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging, and demanding environment but also a fun and rewarding place to work. We are very much a team and seek candidates who are the right fit with the right attitude to bring even greater success and camaraderie to the table. To excel at Savance, you must love to be challenged, seek out opportunities to develop your skills, be confident yet humble, and be able to learn from your mistakes. We thrive on smart, independent, and self-motivated people who get along well with others. If you have a can-do attitude and seek a challenging, rewarding position with a great team, Savance is the place for you!
This position will help lead the development efforts for one of Savance’s core products, Savance Workplace, focusing on visitor management, emergency mustering, and workforce management. You will lead a small team of software engineers and report directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for establishing technology and quality standards (ie, automated testing) as well as suggesting and establishing new processes and procedures to streamline the overall development and testing process.
In this role, you will be responsible to design, troubleshoot, and optimize Savance Workplace’s software solutions. You will manage every aspect of our applications and interfaces, resolve issues, and analyze trends. You will work on developing short- and long-term strategies for technology development to build and maintain a scalable software solution supported in an on-premise and cloud environment. You will be responsible for ensuring that deadlines are met. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing the goals for the software development projects your team is in charge of. It will be your task to ensure that the software meets the proper requirements and adheres to standards you will help define and enforce. As a software development manager, it may fall on you to occasionally code aspects of the software, as well as instruct team members on how to implement the proper code into the solution. You will oversee the entirety of each software project and all team members, which means that solid communication, leadership, and mentorship skills are required for this position.
The Ideal Candidate
We envision someone who has 4+ years of SaaS enterprise development experience, ideally with Azure. It might be experience that you gained as a consultant or working for a larger enterprise organization. Maybe you are tired of the large enterprise red tape and feel like it’s hard to make an impact where you’re at, or maybe you are looking around for a different opportunity within a smaller organization. If you are looking to bring your experience and expertise to a smaller team where you can make a difference and see major impacts from your contributions, this is the role for you.
- Manage the entire development lifecycle of the Savance Workplace solution with dev project manager.
- Oversee, create, and implement software products and applications.
- Research and implement new technologies to lead product innovation.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the actions of the development team.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the organization.
- Act as a liaison between the software development department and senior leadership.
- Design, develop, validate, deploy and maintain various applications and interfaces using current company processes, style guidelines, and technology.
- Help define and comply with defined quality assurance practices and documentation.
- Help the team deliver on schedule with high quality and reliability metrics.
- Review change requests and support cases to remain familiar with key customer concerns and high impact support issues.
- Help project manager as needed in scheduling resources and planing out sprints and releases.
- Work with the product manager and marketing team to define product roadmap and release schedule.
- Participate in user focus groups and other user-centered design activities as needed, including writing user stories.
- Facilitate and review internal and end-user help documentation are ready, thorough, and complete in conjunction with a release or project.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Solid critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to perform thorough requirements analysis – knowledge of the principles and methods to identify, analyze, specify, design, and manage functional and infrastructure requirements; includes translating functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and lead colleagues.
- Expertise in programming and debugging, with deep experience in the Microsoft stack specifically C#.
- Experience with operating systems, computer architecture, and networking.
- Understanding of Cloud Computing architecture and programming strategies – candidates with experience migrating/converting solutions from hosted to cloud-hosted environments preferred.
- SQL Server database – proficiency in query optimization and structuring data for scalability preferred.
- Experience designing and deploying high availability and highly scalable systems.
- Strong JS skills – Working knowledge and understanding of Angular 6.0+ preferred, experience with React, VUE and other JS libraries also helpful.
- Experience cultivating and developing JS libraries for internal development teams to streamline development and reduce code duplication.
- Experience with push notifications and WebSockets in HTTP web development for mobile apps and web applications.
- Experience with ASP.NET web apps, .NET WinForms, and WPF apps designed for Windows tablets, Kiosks, and desktop PCs.
- Experience with mobile app tools (Native and Xamarin for iOS and Android development).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, systems engineering, or a related field from a four-year college or university plus four to five years related experience in a senior or lead software development role, or 8-10 years experience.
- Prefer candidates with a master’s degree, but it isn’t a requirement.
- 2+ years of experience in managing, mentoring, and leading software engineering teams.
- Excellent software project management skills.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- A+ Certification a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
- Software Engineering Master Certification (SEMC) a plus
Type of Person:
- Passion – natural born passion for software development and engineering.
- Extremely Hard-Working & Dedicated – shows relentless effort in everything they set their mind to.
- Commitment to Excellence – shows achievement in previous engagements.
- Organized & Focused – can manage multiple tasks and stick to deadlines.
- Self-Motivated – works independently without the need to be micromanaged.
- Problem-Solving – identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Attention to Detail – thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Test-First Mindset – knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for analyzing and developing test processes in order to deliver developer-tested and QA tested applications ready for production use.
- Customer-Focused – works with existing and prospective clients to assess their needs, resolve issues, satisfy their expectations, and is committed to providing quality products and services; can work directly with clients to build customer loyalty.
- Team-Oriented – fosters commitment and team spirit; encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; manages group processes; works with others to achieve goals.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Performance-based bonuses
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- 8-10 paid holidays a year
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible working schedule
- Option/ability to work remotely
Main Office Location:
2655 E. Oakley Park Rd. Ste 210, Commerce Township, MI 48390